if today was not an endless highway...

Monday, May 11, 2009

if tonight was not a crooked trail
if tomorrow wasn't such a long time
then lonesome would mean nothing to me at all

yes, and only if my own true love was waiting
if i could hear his heart softly pounding
yes, and only if he was lying by me
would i lie in my bed once again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so as i have mentioned earlier, i have been trying out the whole online dating thing. besides the fact that any and all men in my life live in another state, which makes the whole commitment thing a bit difficult, i seem to be running short in the friend department these days. so... i put myself out there. i figured that even if i don't find my soul mate (even if i end up with mr. west) i could meet some new friends.

this has been my experience so far:

  • lots of creepy messages from even creepier fellas (including married men)
  • lots of really weaksauce attempts at witty/intelligent e-mails
  • a fair share of x-rated messages from fellas i've never communicated with previously
  • lots of lamesauce messages from fellas who clearly didn't ever even glance at my profile, just looked at my photos
  • and a handful of interesting fellas
among those interesting fellas, here is a rundown of the most interesting:
  • the soccer player - who i decided to have dinner with and then realized after meeting him in person that he is gay. and i'm not trying to be rude here people, this fella is gay... he just hasn't admitted it to himself yet.
  • the dude - who i had a few beers with but then realized that all he does is drink beer and talk about philosophy and theory.
  • the professor - he teaches religious studies and when we met for lunch he didn't wait for me to get there to be seated (i had to search the restaurant for him) and even though he asked me to lunch, i paid. yes, you read that right. check came, he just sat there. i pulled out my wallet (thinking to myself that he would, too and we would at least go dutch) and he continued to just sit there. seriously. that's class.
  • texas - who lives approximately 1300 miles away but we just so happen to get along great (of course he lives in another state, why wouldn't he? lol) but he scares me a bit when he talks about visiting.
and the best:
  • the driver - he's interesting, never fails to make me laugh, we have a lot in common (but not too much), his smile could make ANYONE smile, he's intelligent, random, my age (strange, right?) completely gorgeous... i mean devastatingly handsome people (makes me wonder why he's single???), and we connected by quoting on of my fave movies... heehee.
we finally met in person last night and it was wonderful. it may have been one of the best dates i've ever been on. no, wait. it was one of the best dates (not that i've been on many "dates", i tend to have the "let's hang out" kind of scenario more often... anyone have that issue?), hands down. i was nervous, i changed 4 times, i actually did something with my hair, and did i mention i was nervous? but it was so good... we had dinner, talked, laughed, talked, saw a movie.

and then after he dropped me off and walked me to the door he kissed me. and ladies... i felt the tingle. the spark. i felt all wiggly inside and i'm not going to lie... if he had kissed me any more my thighs would have started to itch... it was glorious.

and he text me before he had even made it home to thank me for the evening, let me know how much fun he had, and how he couldn't wait to see me again.

and i spent my 15 hour work day today with a shit-eating grin on my face... all day. :o)

3 random comments:

DnWormer May 12, 2009 at 4:00 AM  

It appears you found quite a good match. Hope it continues to go well.

Nickie. May 12, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

AWWWW YAY!!!! I'm uber excccittted for you!! My insides are jumping for joy!!! =) I'm glad that you've finally found an awesome ((so far)) guy that lives in your state!

Woot Woot.

Ps-I tried the dating thing too!Damn creepers!..thats where I met that guy Mark, he was the only good one..but he knew absolutely nothing about cars! Like not even what a drive axle was! And plus I love the ex..=) lol.

calixta.jive. May 14, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

thanks... and did i mention how gorgeous he is? heehee...