oh how the sun hates me...

Sunday, May 3, 2009

i had a glorious day off today (which doesn't happen often) so i decided to hit up the beach.

it was wonderful, great weather, nice breeze, yummy picnic lunch, a good book... and of course the best people watching ever... venice beach is seriously one of the best places in the world to people watch! i love it!

the trouble started when i was walking through the people and checking out all of the street vendors. the backs of my legs felt funny. i looked back and realized i was pink. really pink. i didn't think too much of it because i had used sunblock and had asked my friends to let me know if i was getting red.

then the car ride back inland... ouchie. sitting down hurt. and i was cold... but burning all at the same time.

then i get home, walk into the bathroom and pull off my tank top and board shorts and untie my bikini...

i'm a lobster. a lobster with freckles and a white halter top bikini. seriously. you can see the outline of my new suit perfectly. it doesn't hurt too bad, but the back of me knees are oh so tender and trying to sleep is going to be fun... and i kinda feel nauseous. ugh.

seriously people, when you are a redhead and run out of spf45... spf 25 just doesn't cut it.

the sun hates me. (but i do have 8,347 new freckles...)

3 random comments:

Bon Don May 4, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

ouch! you poor thing, sunburns are never fun!

Nickie. May 5, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

awww, that sucks. sunburn is evilll!!! hope your feeling a lil better today!

DnWormer May 8, 2009 at 2:50 PM  

I hope you recovered well, seems painful.