my heart is all swelled up...

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

tonight was my big awards banquet.

i've been planning it for weeks and weeks. i've completely reworked the awards and the application process and the event. it stressed me out. it drove me crazy.

but it was so worth it.

to see all of the individuals and chapters being recognized for all of their hard work. to honor all of the advisors and leaders that dedicate so much of their time and effort to the fraternal movement. to be in a room full of my students talking, laughing, and sharing in each others accomplishments.

it was worth it.

my keynote went great. i spoke about fraternal relevance and not only managed to get a few oohs and ahhs but even a few laughs.

and the best part...

my students surprised me at the end of the night with an award to honor me. they showered me with love and even got me gorgeous flowers. sweet smelling star-gazers lilies to be exact.

i cried.

i am so lucky to be able to do what i do.

5 random comments:

Unknown May 14, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

you must feel amazing :) you deserved it!

Nickie. May 14, 2009 at 7:03 AM  

awww. =) congrats! you really desreve it with all the hard work you do!

calixta.jive. May 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

thank you both! i just want to squeeze my student, i heart them so much! i'm glad they know how much i care about them, makes all the long hours worth it.

DnWormer May 14, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

Seems like the culmination of a great year, glad they took the time to appreciate you and your work.

Farnnay May 18, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

It feels amazing when students go out of their way to do things like that. Congrats on YOUR successful banquet and your surprise award :)