2.NO hours of sleep v.4...

Sunday, January 18, 2009

due to the fact that i have gotten approximately 11 hours of sleep since thursday... and not just because i have been having trouble sleeping (which i have been) but also due to my own antics, as mentioned here, this post should have been written yesterday...

but here goes nothing...


after having a late night thursday and a rough morning on friday, not to mention a very long, busy day on friday, when i finally left work friday night i was ready to tear up the town. unfortunately the dr. had to work til midnight so i went home and got ready, danced around to T.I., and then headed out to meet VW and wait (im)patiently for the dr. to meet up with us. of course VW ends up being late, and i ended up sitting there alone - which i dreaded was an omen for lousy night. luckily all of my faves were present and they did an amazing job keeping my entertained. you know you have a problem when you consider the majority of people that work at the bar to be your friends (example - after having traveled over the holidays, and then being sick, when i showed up at the bar on thursday night i was greeted with hugs and exclamations of joy by all of the bar staff!!! not too mention my drink of choice was waiting for me on the bar before i could even sit down... yay!)... but i love it.

i managed to drink my weight in hard alcohol and flit between the dr., VW, my bar faves - jack sparrow, the brit, JD, my lovely, and charles ingalls, etc... not to mention the line to the bathroom all evening. it was epic... as i had predicted. the night was seemingly going to come to a close with a late night food run until for some reason when elvis (the creepy bouncer) kicked everyone out, he let me stay, i made the unintelligent decision that it would be a great idea to stay with the bar staff and keep dancing and drinking until the wee hours of the morn'.

ummm... not the smarted idea ever. i woke up the next morning sleeping in charles ingalls bed next to my lovely, with JD sleeping on the floor and charles ingalls asleep in the chair at approximately 8:15 am. (all the while, the dr. is pissed at me for ditching him, which was never my intention. what can i say, i'm an insensitive idiot when i'm wasted and all i want to do is take shots and shake my ass) keeping in mind that we didn't even leave the bar until well after 4...

i then had to find my pants (yes, i take my pants off when i'm drunk), speed walk back to my car which luckily wasn't that far away, make it home so i could change and grab my stuff before heading the work retreat i was presenting 8 sessions at all day...

ohmygosh. i am a masochist. seriously.

i managed to make it through the day quite successfully and then around 8:30 pm i ran home, took a quick shower and headed back to work for one of our late night events in which i had to be present from 9:30 pm - 2 am... lets just say i was so exhausted it was painful. these late night events tend to be either extremely boring, or ridiculously crazy. this one was of course - boring. therefore ended up feeling like an awkward 4 hour-long date with the 18 year old that was also there... unfortunate. really.

the worst part? i was so tired when i finally made it home that i couldn't sleep!

which brings me to today... exhausted.

0 random comments: