spit that game, v.1...

Friday, March 13, 2009

i am starting a new tradition here at ...call me captain backfire entitled-

"SPIT THAT GAME"

excited?!?! of course you are... so am i!

here is the deal - yes i am an extremely white girl from the northern midwest, but no that does not stop me from being the most "down" white girl you know.

alright, i may be exaggerating just a bit, but hey... the most "down" white girl that i know, hated (who can c-walk better than ANYONE, just for the record), once told me i was "down" and it is probably one of the best compliments that i have ever received. this is how the conversation went:

(sometime in the year 2000, hated and i were sitting in an art history class in undergrad...)

hated: "
andele andele mami, E.I. E.I. uh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! what's poppin' tonight?"
(she randomly busts out a rap quite frequently, this is not unusual for her...)

ME: "andele andele mami, E.I. E.I. uh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! if the head right, Nelly there ery'night
"
hated: (turns and stares at me dumbfounded) "i never knew..."
ME: "you never knew what?"
hated: "you're down."
ME: (un-phased) "most people don't."

anyway, back to my point... because i love hip-hop and because i'm "down" (i mean really, who doesn't need a tip drill?) (not too mention i have the ass to prove it, lol, that is a topic for another post...), i feel that it is my duty to share with you a random sampling of a few of my all time favorite lines. now some of these lines have specific memories associated with them, some are just so true it is pure genius, and some just crack my shit up!!!

from time to time i will post the next edition of "SPIT THAT GAME," but for my inaugural post let me share with you these lyrical gems...


"love a combination big ass and tight jeans" - ludacris (this defines me... lol! oh and be warned... there will be a lot of my man, luda, he's a lyrical genius)

"check it, i grew up a fuckin' screw up.
got introduced to the game,
got a ounce and fuckin' blew up" - notorious B.I.G. (classic biggie...)

"put up your peace sign, put your index down." - gym class heroes (i loved seeing the entire crowd throw it up at the gch concert...)

"took your momma 9 months to make ya...
might as well shake what your momma gave ya." - ludacris (rules to live by, and hey, i warned you!...)

"spoil me mama, back rub oil me mama...
when i'm left over, aluminum foil me mama." - murphy lee
(one of the most hilarious rap lyrics EVER, not too mention murphy lee is outstanding in concert...)

"wee ooh wee ooh wee (wee),
wee ooh wee ooh wee (wee),
wee ooh wee ooh wee,
(like a cop car)" - lil' wayne (he makes the chorus sound just like the siren of a cop car... hahaahahahaaahaahaaaha!...)


now tell me that didn't put a smile on your face? oh, and feel free to share some of your faves to hold you over until the next edition of...

"SPIT THAT GAME!!!"

5 random comments:

DnWormer March 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Knowing the lyrics to "Tip Drill" definitely makes you down for it.

Nickie. March 16, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

awesome post. =) and i totally agree, luda is a genuis. he's my fav. to play in the summer, i have no clue why!?!

my favorite:
"fo shizzle my nizzle, i'm attracted to the big snoop dizzle."

rachaelgking March 16, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

I think I might have to post my version of the Stanky Legg this TMI Thursday, just to prove to you how pathetically white I am.

calixta.jive. March 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

mnwhr... once again, i am taking that as a compliment. :o)

nickie... who isn't attracted to the big snoop dizzle? lol.

LiLu... you need to post it. seriously. i need the proof... and the entertainment, lol!

Anonymous March 27, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

Mrs. Officer is HI-larious. Going to put it on now...