guess who's b-back, back...

Friday, June 5, 2009

yes, it's true... i'm back!

so sorry for my absence... may was a whirlwind of activity, work, travel, work, interviews, work, and oh yes, work.


here are a few random tidbits to help sum up my brief intermission (but actually they don't really sum it up much at all... :o)

  • the semester is over! woot! i will now be working somewhat normal hours... i'm talking maybe even closer to 40 hours a week people!!!
  • i'm going to miss some of my graduates... others, not so much, heehee.
  • senior dinner was amazing but i'm glad it's over. being in charge of an 1,100 person dinner is stressful!
  • the outerbanks, NC are amazing!
  • ACE and eddie's wedding was glorious and the mini RED DOT reunion was nice, too. :o)
  • my few days at the beach were blissful (for the most part...) and i met some wonderful people, worked on my freckles (in leiu of a tan... i AM a redhead), met some yummy fishermen, drank a couple or 12 spirited beverages, and read 4 novels... 4, now that's my kind of vacay!
  • above is the view from our three-story beach house equppied with 7 bathrooms, a pool, a hot tub, innumerable beds, and a short walk to the ocean!!!
  • had another interview (that involved flying half way across the country and then getting stuck in the airport for about 24 hours)
  • i adore the driver... seriously. and actually, i'll be spending the weekend with him, too. the beach, a night out, and an entire weekend of his gorgeousness... fun! (so maybe this whole online dating thing isn't so terrible???)
  • i spoke to my sister for the first time since thanksgiving yesterday... strange.
  • i missed you all... and my google reader is right around 500 unread items... so sorry if i haven't commented, i will be getting through them now that i will have a bit of down time.
  • expect big news coming from my corner of the interweb this monday!
  • oh and why did i drink so much last night? heehee...
oh and did i mention i missed you?!?!!!

xoxo,
calixta.jive.

2 random comments:

Nickie. June 8, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

I missed you a ton! =) But you're back now and I'm gald you will have a more "normal" hours! That means more blogging && pics missy! ((lol))

And I cannot wait for the big news! You're moving to CT right? haha jk.

Nickie. June 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM  

ps-you have 2 awards! =D come get em!