spit that game, v.2...

Monday, April 6, 2009

to help entertain you (and because i missed you all!) it's been too long...

if you missed the introduction to "SPIT THAT GAME", let me fill you in...

because i love hip-hop and because i'm "down" (i mean really, who doesn't need a tip drill?) (not too mention i have the ass to prove it, lol, that is a topic for another post...), i feel that it is my duty to share with you a random sampling of a few of my all time favorite lines. now some of these lines have specific memories associated with them, some are just so true it is pure genius, and some just crack my shit up!!!

the story for this volume - more proof that "i'm down" :

once again it was undergrad. i had recently accepted a bid and joined an amazing sorority. i was new to the Greek world and i didn't know all of my sister that well yet. one weekend we spent saturday evening hanging out, acting goofy, and getting ready for a party thrown by one of our favorite fraternities. once we got to the party we made our way to the dance floor in the basement and we were having a blast and dancing up a storm (have i mentioned i love dancing?). anywhoo, the Luda song "fatty girl" came on and i proceeded to not only shake what my momma gave me, but rap. every. single. line.

needless to say, my sisters were a bit surprised. i got a lot of comments like... "we thought you were kinda NERDY?" "how do YOU know the words to that song?" "you seem like such a GOOD GIRL?" "did that just happen?" "but, but, aren't you really SMART?".... HAHAHAHA! oh, what they had yet to discover... heehee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and now i bring you... VOLUME 2!!!

"QUIET!!! shh, hush yo mouth. silence when i, spit it out. in yo face. open yo mouth, give you a taste. (Holla) ain't no stoppin me, copywritten so, don't copy me. y'all do it, sloppily. and y'all cant come, close to me." - missy elliot (i remember rapping these lines will working orientation during undergrad... good memories.)

"
are you custom-made, custom-paid, or you just custom-fitted?" - ludacris (this is a question i ask frequently, lol!)

"i'm the MBP, Most Ballenous Player.
make my own rules, bitch call me the mayor." - jermaine dupri (you can call me the mayor anytime...)

'one said "ain't you that boy that be on BET?"
"ya that's me, ching-a-ling equipped wit much ding-a-ling"' - chingy (seriously chingy, ding-a-ling? lol.)

'i'm Kan the Louis Vuitton Don. bought my mom a purse now she Louis Vuitton Mom. still might throw on a little low arm they want me to stop, go on go on. they don't want me to shop and me spending that hard. "oh my gawd, is that a black card?" i turned around and replied "why yes, but i prefer the term African-American Express"' - kanye west (i love rapping these lines...)

"i know this world is so cold & deceiving,
but i keep my head up like my nose is bleeding" - lil wayne (that's deep...)

"oh yeah, i represent the Dirty Southside.
i'm a dentist makin' women open they mouth wide" - ludacris (Luda is just so damn clever!)

hope you enjoyed!

3 random comments:

DnWormer April 7, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Gotta luv it! You have some classics in here.

rachaelgking April 8, 2009 at 1:59 PM  

WHOLEHEARTEDLY enjoyed. Thanks for that!

Nickie. April 9, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

i heart your choice of lyrics. especially luda && lil wayne. =)